Across the room, upon the floor,
there stood just but one box more.
The moving frenzy was just 'bout through;
yet much left to tidy, and still left to do.
'Drink' was the first word that I saw;
'Oh yes, it's a box for alcohol.'
I don't drink, so no one be shocked;
when packing your stuff, liquor boxes rock.
'Life' came next, following 'Drink';
An odd word, or so I thought, I think.
Can Life be drunk? If so, fill 'er up;
Clear the bar, as I slide down my cup.
'Deeply' completed the sentence I saw;
If you're going to drink life, then you'll want to drink all.
The cup we swallow, may it be right;
May it be full of the Truth and the Light.
So maybe, perhaps, the phrase that I saw,
could be stated as more of a dare or a call.
To 'Drink Life Deeply.' What does it mean?
A thought prompted by a liquor box it seems.
2 comments:
and... i love you- chantell
If you were running for president of the United States...I'd vote for you Amy J. Woods-cause I like your poems!
Post a Comment