".. As we let our own light shine, we conciously give other people permission to do the same. And as we are liberated from our fear, our presence automatically liberates others"
I'm sorry to say that I do not know the author of this quote, only that it is one of my favorites, and my heart cry. I know that Nelson Mandela used this in one of his speeches about freedom from apartheid in South Africa, and that it drips with the essence of how God intends us to live.
My "shout out" goes to Kaye Woods tonite - for being a liberator. One who by her very presence helped liberate me to sing karoke with she and Amy. Thanks Kaye for helping liberate me to sing! - I know I will get to the point where I can sing without others, but for now - this was huge. So thanks for moving beyond the realm of caring what others think and walking in the freedom in which Christ calls us to.
As silly as this may sound to some reading this: those closest to me know that I LOVE to sing and dance - a huge cry of my heart, but those same people also know that I rarely give myself the permission to move beyond myself and my fear of what people think.
But One Day... not too far off, as I become more and more comfortable with the woman God created me to be, and understand His unending love (for those of you who think there is no connection with these and how we live - your wrong!) I will walk in this skin, and the passions, dreams and desires He puts on my heart, and as I continue to grow, I will be a liberator, as we all are for the ones who are two steps behind in the freedom that we now walk in.
So Thanks Kaye! It goes way deeper than you realized!
1 comment:
yay! I'm glad you did it too! You know, I'm not usually so motivated to do karaoke. It must have been either the holy spirit in me... or the cup of coffee I drank before I showed up. Either way, we totally rocked the house! :)
Post a Comment